Local News

Home Destroyed by Fire on 4th of July


Jul 05, 2018

An Omak Family lost their home to fire late Wednesday night.  Omak Fire Chief Kevin Bowling said this morning that they still have not confirmed that the fire was started by fireworks.  Bowling said however there were no power lines in that area where the fire started.

Mark and Ester Milner’s home was a total loss, but fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes.  Two additional homes were threatened and they were evacuated during the fire, but Bowling said they suffered no damage. 

The Milners and their four children were able to escape the fire safely. Bowling said most of the contents of the home were lost, but he said some may still be salvageable.  He said during the fire, crews were able to recover a few photos for the family, but very few.

The Red Cross was called in Wednesday night to assist the family.


Top of page
-------------------
© 2018 Okanogan Country Radio. All rights reserved.